POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - NOW CLOSED - Wait list available
AOS 2016 Poster Abstracts
We have reached capacity! If you would like to add your name to a waiting list, please enter your information on this form and we will be pleased to contact you as space becomes available: WAITING LIST
The Arctic Observing Summit will include POSTER PRESENTATIONS
based on the AOS 2016 themes. Presentations will take place on two evenings: March 16th and March 17th (schedule). Registration is required for AOS to present posters (or at least for one of the above dates).
Contact us:t firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poster Instructions BELOW
- Registration page (AOS and ASSW: HERE)
- Deadline: now closed.
- Submission form: WAITING LIST here
Highlight your research, program, organization or ideas - Submit a POSTER ABSTRACT for AOS
The third Arctic Observing Summit (AOS) will be held in 2016 (March 15-18) at the University of Alaska Fairbanks in conjunction with the Arctic Science Summit Week. Your input and contributions in the form of poster presentations are welcome to highlight important issues and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas to design, build, implement, expand, and provide long-term support for an international Arctic observing systems network. Ideally, poster presentations should focus on these key themes selected for the upcoming AOS, but other topics that are relevant for AOS are welcome:
- Theme 1: International and national strategies for sustained support of long-term Arctic observing
- Theme 2: Technology and Innovation for sustained Arctic observations
- Theme 3: Contributions of the Private Sector and Industry to sustained Arctic observations
- Theme 4: Actor and stakeholder engagement and needs in sustained Arctic observations
- Theme 5: Arctic Observations in the context of Global Observing initiatives
- Theme 6: Interfacing Indigenous Knowledge, community-based monitoring and scientific methods for sustained Arctic observations
Expanded descriptions of these themes are available here. Presentations that include research results, overviews of initiatives or programs, highlights from ongoing organizations or groups, reviews of priorities or challenges, or proposed solutions for sustained and coordinated Arctic observing, are welcome. In addition, opportunities exist to prepare community white papers or short statements that can complement poster presentations, or to explore related topics in greater detail. Contributions can be submitted by members in non-Arctic countries and topics that relate to opportunities to collaborate or coordinate international programs can be included.
To submit a poster abstract, please fill out the webform below. The submission form is now OPEN! See further poster instructions below.
On behalf of the AOS Executive Organizing Committee and our partners, thank you for your contributions!
- NEW - A poser-printing service is available at the University of Alaska Fairbanks:
- Print your poster in advance with UAF Geophysical Institute Design Services
- Cost: $9.00 per square foot; send files on or before 9 March and save 10%
- File submission deadline for poster sessions: Monday 14 March
- Pick up your poster on weekdays at the UAF GI Design Services Office, 208 Elvey, on UAF’s West Ridge.
- Posters can be printed in landscape or portrait format with a recommended maximum size of 45 inches high by 42 inches wide(45 inches wide is the absolute maximum that can be accommodated).
- Poster sessions will take place on both evenings of March 16th and March 17th from 5:30 pm to 8 pm; authors should plan to stand by their poster on at least some of the time, during at least one of these evenings (see schedule on AOS website).
- Presenters should be registered for AOS (registration options also include a reduced rate for attendance at both ASSW and AOS 2016); please visit the registration page (https://assw2016.org/register).
- Poster content should include all coauthors, their institutions, a contact email for the Lead Author, a descriptive title, and a short abstract or key points section. Coauthors can list references and acknowledgments on their posters also (content and format are flexible for all sections).
- Poster set-up and take-down: Posters will be available during most of the AOS:
- SET-UP: anytime after 8 am, March 16th. (You will be assigned a spot with an id number for your poster after March 5th here).
- TAKE-DOWN: starting at noon, March 18th and complted by 2:30 pm (latest).
For information on AOS poster abstracts please send a message to: email@example.com. Thank you for your contributions!
POSTER SUBMISSION FORM
Please contact us to make changes to your submission (firstname.lastname@example.org)