SHORTCUTS: Synthesis documents | AOS 2016 Guidelines for sessions | AOS 2016 Products | Conference statement
AOS 2016 - SYNTHESIS DOCUMENTS (FOR PUBLIC REVIEW)
Thematic Working Groups are preparing synthesis documents based on community input including white papers and short statements, posters, comments during AOS sessions, and other expert input. Preliminary synthesis documents are being uploaded on this site as they become available. These documents will be updated at the end of the Summit and will serve to highlight recommendations, progress and gaps for the design and implementation of Arctic observing activities.
Expanded theme descriptions are available here.
UPDATE - MARCH 2016: Our thematic breakout sessions welcome your input and participation. We aim to prepare expanded syntheses, recommendations and products based on the input received during AOS 2016. Guidelines are available for Thematic Working Groups and anyone who is contributing to the AOS outcomes and products (document with guidelines here ; guidelines template prepared by Olivia Lee is here).
- THEME 1 - International and national strategies for sustained support of long-term Arctic observing.
- Tilche, A.; Mathis, J.; et al. (PDF)
- THEME 2 - Technology and innovation for sustained Arctic observations
- Sweatte, C.; Storvold, R.; and Bradley, A. (PDF)
- THEME 3 - Private sector and industry in sustained Arctic observations
- Arthurs, D.; Holthus, P. and Kuznetsova, E. (PDF)
- THEME 4 - Actor and stakeholder engagement and needs in sustained Arctic observations
- Sommerkorn, M. and Fleener, C. (PDF)
- THEME 5 - Arctic observations in the context of global observing initiatives.
- Enomoto, H.; Berod, D.; Nolan, J.; Kim, S.-J.; and Choy, E. S. (PDF)
- THEME 6 - Interfacing Indigenous Knowledge, Community-based Monitoring and Scientific Methods for sustained Arctic observations.
- Daniel, R.; Behe, C.; Raymond-Yakobian, J.; Krummel, E.; and Gearheard, S. (PDF)
AOS 2016 - PRODUCTS
- CONFERENCE STATEMENT - We are working to prepare a conference statement with input from Thematic Working Groups, AOS participants, and members of international organizations. The draft conference statement was presented during Plenary Session F (Friday, March 18th). The AOS 2016 Conference Statement has now been published (PDF HERE or read it ONLINE HERE).
Following the AOS, additional resources will be made available here. Stay tuned!